Position Title: Product Owner
Fathym is currently hiring seasoned Product Owners looking for new challenges within a multi-disciplinary rapid application development and IoT framework technology environment. If you fit that description and want to apply your experience to a growing company and help to shape the solutions we’re building, we want to hear from you.
Description/Job Mission Statement
The Product Owner is responsible for walking the line between business requirements and technical implementation. The primary responsibility of the Product Owner is to create and maintain the Scrum Team’s backlog, articulate requirements, and prioritize work. At Fathym, product owners also have scrum master responsibilities, including scheduling and conducting Agile ceremonies and meetings such as daily standup, backlog grooming, sprint review, sprint retro, and sprint planning. Doing so successfully will require very strong communication skills and the ability to successfully translate between technical teams and both internal and external stakeholders.
Candidate must have 2+ years of experience in most of the following:
- Building and grooming of a product backlog
- Creation of User Stories
- Working closely with stakeholders and the Director of Product Management to ensure backlog is ready to work, prioritized, and actionable.
- Being responsible for backlog grooming, story pointing, sprint reviews, sprint planning, and daily standups.
- Protecting the scrum team, evangelizing Agile best practices, inspecting, and adapting
- Facilitating the Definition of Ready and Definition of Done criteria for all stories.
- Developing relationships with internal and external customers.
- Inter-team Coordination and Collaboration by helping identify and track user story dependencies between scrum teams.
- User acceptance testing for stories
Familiarity with Agile tools and work-management software applications
- Azure DevOps (formerly Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services)
- Azure or AWS hosting solutions experience preferred
Additional Beneficial Skills
- Application design and development
- Data Analysis and reporting experience
- SaaS and/or PaaS experience
- IoT experience
- Experience with software development process management