Position Title: Technical Writer
Fathym is currently hiring experienced Technical Writers looking for new challenges within a multi-disciplinary rapid application development and IoT framework technology environment. If you fit that description and want to apply your experience to a growing company and help to shape the solutions we’re building, we want to hear from you.
Description/Job Mission Statement
The technical writer will identify, document and diagram our current architecture, provisioning solution, application builder, device and data management, and infrastructure. The successful technical writer will also develop training materials for sales engineers to describe the multiple technology offering. This role is also responsible for creating training materials and wikis for developers and product owners to be able to onboard into Fathym. This role will also be responsible for working closely with developers to understand and document prototypes and new solutions in a rapidly evolving and fast-paces development environment.
Candidate must have 3+ years of experience in most of the following:
- Work with front end and back end developers to understand architecture and technical concepts.
- Document best practices and white papers for our software.
- Create technical documentation in GitHub and Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services) for both developers using our solution in the Marketplace, and for new employees to onboard into Fathym.
- Develop training materials and slides for sales engineers and sales team.
- Create architectural diagrams of the application architecture.
- Working with the DevOps engineers, document build pipeline and branching strategy diagrams.
- Ability to create simple and clear documentation around complex technical concepts and ideas.
- Self-motivated to seek out gaps in documentation and training materials and fill in those gaps.
- Ability to work with developers and product managers to understand technical ideas and translate them into understandable documentation for developers new to the concepts.
- Ability to do basic pull requests to update documentation and handle version control for documentation in Azure DevOps and GitHub.
- Ability to work with user stories acceptance criteria and product owners and developers to translate them into documentation as necessary.
Familiarity with Agile tools, source control, and work-management software applications
- Azure DevOps (formerly Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services)
- Familiarity with Azure or AWS hosting solutions experience
- Familiarity with tech pubs applications (Disqus, MadCap Flare, PhotoShop, CamStudio, or similar).
Additional Beneficial Skills
- Application design and development
- Data Analysis and reporting experience
- SaaS and/or PaaS experience
- IoT experience
- Experience with software development process management
Think you’re a good fit? Please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio (if applicable) to email@example.com